Whether you’re preparing to get pregnant for the first time or you’ve been struggling to conceive, optimizing your body’s fertility is exciting and overwhelming— and can be very stressful.
The Dr. Maura Practice offers personalized plans to optimize women’s bodies in the months before conception so that pregnancy and childbirth are easier, more enjoyable and so your child is as healthy as can be. Similarly, with women who haven’t found it as easy to get pregnant, our doctors dig below the conventional medicine surface to find out where the barriers to conception lie. Our goal is to give you more answers, more options and therefore more control over your reproductive health.
Many questions arise:
- What should I eat?
- Do I need to do a detox?
- Are my hormone levels okay? Can I balance them naturally?
- Do I sleep enough?
- Am I missing any major vitamins or nutrients?
- Am I drinking too much alcohol or coffee?
- When should I stop birth control? And will my period come back right away? What if it doesn’t?
- Is my stressful job impacting my ability to get pregnant?
- My reproductive endocrinologist doesn’t know why I can’t get pregnant and recommends IVF. Does naturopathic medicine have any answers? Do I have any other options before I go the IVF route or can you help support IVF?
- I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), endometriosis or fibroids — what can I do to get pregnant naturally?
Let’s face it, it takes intention and planning to avoid the major pitfalls that can undermine your best pregnancy. But what really matters? Do you have to shun gluten and dairy for months to come? The factors that impact fertility are numerous. What the naturopaths at The Dr. Maura Practice have discovered in their years of helping women get pregnant is that there are no one-size-fits-all- answers.
We utilize the most current in lab testing to look at such elements as how toxic your system is, how is stress impacting your body, are you lacking in any specific nutrients, what foods are creating inflammation in your body, and more. Armed with information, your doctor will make a plan just for you that might include: herbal support for your hormones, supplementation, targeting cleansing, nutritional shifts, and optimal exercise for your needs. The tools in the naturopathic toolbox really are numerous.
Read Dr. Maura's blog post about optimizing fertility and see the video below!