Dr. Ronak Patel – Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Maura is honored to have Dr. Ronak Patel, an expert in the intersection of the naturopathic and functional medicine approaches, in The Dr. Maura Practice. He brings a unique and exciting blend of training and specializes in treating men’s and women’s hormones, thyroid conditions, digestive concerns (IBS, SIBO, IBD) and autoimmune disease.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy
- Naturopathic Doctorate, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Board Certified by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners
- Licensed by the State of Vermont Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Institute of Functional Medicine Member
Special Training and Emphasis on:
- Hormones, Thyroid, Adrenal & Diabetes
- Gastrointestinal diseases (Leaky gut, SIBO, IBS/IBD, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis )
- Autoimmune diseases (Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Grave's disease, Hashimoto's disease, fibromyalgia)
Why I became a Naturopathic Doctor?
Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a doctor. After finishing my undergraduate studies in a pharmaceutical research program, I realized that the path of natural medicine made more sense for me. Seeing close family members suffer from preventable diseases was a big wake up call. The principles of naturopathic medicine resonated deeply and I practice them daily with patients, empowering them to find healing. I love that this medicine allows me to really spend time with patients, hearing everything they have to say and putting together tailored, personalized protocols. Practicing root-cause medicine is incredibly rewarding.
What conditions I love to treat?
Hormonal concerns (particularly men’s hormones, thyroid and adrenal) digestive issues (IBS, IBD, SIBO), autoimmune disease
Things you may not know about me:
- Travel is my favorite hobby
- I was born in India but raised in Connecticut
- I’m a great cook and can make all types of cuisines
- I’m a podcast fanatic
- I love functional medicine and, in the early part of my career, trained other doctors in how to use functional medicine labs
- My favorite food: Gluten-free pizza