Dr. Molly DeMers – Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Maura is thrilled to have the compassionate and brilliant Dr. Molly DeMers in her practice. With years of experience treating a wide range of patients, Dr. DeMers brings a deep grounding in the successful application of naturopathic principles. She specializes in treating women's health concerns, fertility, pediatric conditions such as PANDAS, and difficult digestive diseases.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Bachelors in Science, University of Connecticut
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, University of Bridgeport
- Board Certified by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut
Special training with emphasis on:
- Women’s Health, including Fertility, Preconception Care and Hormone Imbalance
- IBS and IBD
- Pediatrics, PANS/PANDAS
Why I became a naturopathic doctor?
A college elective in nutrition sparked my own passion for empowering myself and others through a lifestyle grounded in wellness. Naturopathic Medicine encompasses everything I could have asked for in one profession: treating health conditions from a perspective rooted in lifestyle and nutrition is the most sustainable and impactful treatment for chronic health conditions. I’m driven every day in my work by knowing that I’m making a difference in people’s lives by offering a different option than the medical status quo.
What conditions do I love to treat?
- Hormones: painful/heavy periods, endometriosis, PCOS, fertility, perimenopause, menopause, PMS, adrenal fatigue
- Dermatologic conditions: acne, psoriasis, eczema
- GI: SIBO, Crohn's and ulcerative colitis, IBS
- Other conditions: osteoporosis, hair loss, hypo and hyperthyroidism, anxiety, depression, insomnia, migraines, asthma, allergies
- Pediatric: PANS/PANDAS, digestive issues, eczema, FPIES
Things you may not know about me:
-Floating in a pool is my favorite way to spend a day
-I have two Boxers, Winnie and Henry. I’m a dog fanatic!
-I’m the oldest of four siblings, we’re all 5 years apart
-I love plants and have become pretty good at keeping them alive
-Being at home is where I feel most content
-My husband and I met when I was 17, he’s the constant in my life
What Clients Say About Dr. Molly DeMers
"I typically don't write reviews, but felt compelled to share my experience with Dr. Molly DeMers and The Dr. Maura Practice because it has so profoundly improved my life. I've seen doctors, both conventional and holistic, who haven't been able to help me. That's when I turned to naturopathic medicine and because of Dr. Maura's reputation, decided to see one of her doctors. Dr. DeMers put together all of the seemingly disconnected pieces of my health puzzle after thoroughly getting to know my history and doing some really interesting testing. She is brilliant—she found answers where I had none before. My treatment plans make sense, cover everything and are easy to follow. Just a few months into my work with her and my skin has cleared, my period has normalized, my digestion has improved. I'm with this practice for life and couldn't recommend Dr. DeMers more highly. If you're on the fence, go for it, it'll be the best health decision you've ever made."