Dr. Galina – Naturopathic Doctor
With over ten years of experience in naturopathic care, Dr. Galina Mahlis brings vital expertise and a background of excellence to Dr. Maura's practice. She specializes in treating women's hormones and PCOS, and also focuses on digestive health, dermatology and pediatrics.
Like Dr. Maura, she individualizes her approach for each patient, pairing cutting-edge diagnostics with time-honored, holistic treatment protocols. Dr. Galina is dedicated to root-cause healing and partners with each and every patient to fully resolve their symptoms and empower them to take control of their health. She excels in the use of nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, supplementation and lifestyle recommendations.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Bachelors in Psychology, Miami University
- Naturopathic Doctorate, University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Board Certified by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners
- Licensed by the State of California Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Special Training and Emphasis on:
- Women's Health, including PCOS and Menopause
- Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Ketogenic Diet
Why I became a Naturopathic Doctor?
For as long as I can remember, I have watched those around me struggle with their health within the conventional model of medicine and I knew that there had to be something more. Being born in Ukraine, my family always relied on natural home remedies to treat ailments, as was the norm there at that time. Our medicine cabinet never had a shortage of valerian and chamomile to treat stress and high blood pressure, while iodine was always used topically for every scrape. When my family and I immigrated to the US, I watched my grandparents put on multiple prescription medications for only a few health issues and even more medications to help with the side effects of the original prescriptions. With time I became disillusioned with the conventional medical model, especially the quick doctor's visits, without any attention to underlying health concerns. Eventually, I was inspired to follow my heart and chose a career in Naturopathic Medicine - a field that I knew would allow me to practice medicine the way my family and I did not get a chance to experience while I was growing up.
What conditions I love to treat?
Women's health, especially PCOS, skincare problems, digestive issues, and pediatric health concerns, including autism.
Things you may not know about me:
- I speak, read, and write fluently in Russian
- I was born in Ukraine
- I love to paint
- I have suffered and overcome my own PCOS diagnosis
- My favorite country is Israel and I have travelled there 6 times
- I have family all over the world, covering 4 continents
- I am constantly reading self-improvement books
- My guilty pleasure: reality TV
- My favorite food: anything fermented and salty