Dr. Elizabeth McElligott – Naturopathic Doctor
With over a decade of experience in naturopathic care, Dr. Elizabeth McElligott brings vital expertise to Dr. Maura's practice. Her specific skills lie in the areas of women’s health, clinical nutrition, and gastrointestinal optimization. Her ultimate goal when working with you is to bring meaningful and lasting change in your health.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Bachelor of Science, Ithaca College
- Naturopathic Doctorate, National University of Naturopathic Medicine
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (ABAARM)
- Licensed by the State of Oregon Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Special training and emphasis on:
- Men’s and Women’s Hormone Imbalance and Optimization, Gastrointestinal Health, Dermatology
Why I became a naturopathic doctor:
- As a young teen, I was plagued with chronic illness: weight gain, yeast overgrowth, gastrointestinal distress, and eczema. Conventional medicine had been a significant source of frustration and it became clear my path to wellness was through naturopathic medicine. During my time of self-exploration and healing, I knew my path was to help others achieve what I had: integrating wellness solutions and living strategies that harmoniously intertwine with their daily life and personal health goals.
Conditions I love to treat:
- Hormones: PCOS, endometriosis, primary and secondary infertility, perimenopause and menopause, PMS and PMDD. Digestive: SIBO, GERD/heartburn, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, food sensitivities, leaky gut, yeast overgrowth, irritable bowel syndrome. I also focus on skin issues such as acne, eczema and autoimmune skin disease.
Things you may not know about me:
- I was born and raised in Manhattan.
- I’m budding homesteader and amateur woodworker.
- I spend a lot of time in nature, particularly hiking with my dog Fitzgerald.
- I also love gardening, cooking, and art projects.