Dr. Elizabeth McElligott – Naturopathic Doctor
With well over a decade of experience in naturopathic care, Dr. Elizabeth McElligott brings profound expertise, wisdom, and brilliance to Dr. Maura's practice. Her specific skills lie in the areas of women’s health, clinical nutrition, and gastrointestinal optimization. Her ultimate goal when working with you is to bring meaningful and lasting change to your health.
Credentials, Education & Achievements:
- Bachelor of Science, Ithaca College
- Naturopathic Doctorate, National University of Naturopathic Medicine
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (ABAARM)
- Licensed by the State of Oregon Naturopathic Medicine Committee
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Special training and emphasis on:
- Men’s and Women’s Hormone Imbalance and Optimization, Gastrointestinal Health, Dermatology
Why I became a naturopathic doctor:
- As a young teen, I was plagued with chronic illness: weight gain, yeast overgrowth, gastrointestinal distress, and eczema. Conventional medicine had been a significant source of frustration and it became clear my path to wellness was through naturopathic medicine. During my time of self-exploration and healing, I knew my path was to help others achieve what I had: integrating wellness solutions and living strategies that harmoniously intertwine with their daily life and personal health goals.
Conditions I love to treat:
- Hormones: PCOS, endometriosis, primary and secondary infertility, perimenopause and menopause, PMS and PMDD. Digestive: SIBO, GERD/heartburn, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, food sensitivities, leaky gut, yeast overgrowth, irritable bowel syndrome. I also focus on skin issues such as acne, eczema and autoimmune skin disease.
Things you may not know about me:
- I was born and raised in Manhattan.
- I’m budding homesteader and amateur woodworker.
- I spend a lot of time in nature, particularly hiking with my dog Fitzgerald.
- I also love gardening, cooking, and art projects.
What Clients Say About Dr. Elizabeth McElligott
"I had a great experience working with Dr. McElligott! I decided to work with Dr Maura’s practice after 2 years of dealing with debilitating health issues, seeing 10+ doctors, getting no answers and only getting worse. The Dr’s I worked with at Dr Maura’s practice ran several tests on me to detect what was going on and ultimately found out the root cause of my issue was mycotoxin illness (mold toxins). I have now been working with Dr. Maura’s practice for just under 10 months, am almost fully healed and pretty much back to normal due to them finding out everything that was going wrong in my body and treating it with herbal supplements, dietary changes, and additional natural remedies. I truly wish I found them earlier but am still so glad I did bc after 2+ years I finally have my life back and couldn’t be more grateful. Highly recommend them for anyone struggling with issues that medical doctors aren’t giving you any help with"